Jobs at Bigfork
Bigfork are a successful website agency with a reputation for creating intelligent websites. We are seeking a web developer to join our team based just outside Norwich.
You’ll be helping to turn designs into bespoke websites for a wide range of clients, as well as contributing to ongoing development and maintenance of existing sites. We are a small team and work as such, so you get to be involved throughout the process and see your projects through.
The role is currently fully remote, we just ask that you're in the same timezone as the rest of us. Long-term, you can remain fully remote, or you can work some / all the time at our Norwich office, once we're allowed back.
This is a full-time permanent position however we are open to part-time applications.
What are we looking for?
The right person is more important to us than any specific skillset, however the following would be desirable:
- Some PHP knowledge, experience with a framework would be good (we do a lot in SilverStripe) however this is less important than the point above
- Wordpress experience including WooCommerce and custom themes. If you've worked with Wordpress frameworks and know you way round Gutenberg they would be useful skills too, as would custom plugin development
- Understanding of version control
- Consideration for SEO and accessibility from a technical point of view
- Keen eye for detail, both technical and visual
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines
What can we offer?
- A full-time job based in our office at Henderson Business Centre with remote working as required
- 25 days paid holiday, plus all UK bank holidays
- Flexitime when required
- Progression plans and regular reviews
- A friendly, relaxed working environment
- Wide range of great clients and projects
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
Our aim is to design intelligent websites that help businesses grow.
We pride ourselves on our passion for high quality work and creating successful websites for our customers. Our approach is based on working together as a team and with our clients to achieve great results.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and also include:
- Brief details of why you are interested in this role
- Examples of work / portfolio
- The first thing you'd like to do when we're fully out of lockdown
If you've any questions please email or call 01603 513080.