The Association of Average Adjusters
The Association of Average Adjusters are a professional membership organisation. They operate in the international marine and insurance industries.
Bigfork have a long-standing relationship with Association, and they appointed us to create their new website.
The Association had a membership database that they maintained in Microsoft Access. At the same time, the website was being used more for memberships, but the two never connected. A key goal for the new website was to improve its membership capabilities and make it the definitive database.
As well as this, the new website needed to support existing members and sell the Association to potential members.
The Association's membership model has very specific functionality. As such, it wouldn’t have suited an off-the-shelf system. So instead, a bespoke digital product was the best approach as it:
- Gave them exactly what they needed rather than trying to force an existing to fit
- Integrated with the website functionality including subscriptions, exam bookings, and event bookings
- Wouldn’t mean paying for unused features
- Has no extra costs for seat licenses or increased usage in future
Bigfork designed and developed the new web-based system in-house, and it includes:
- Membership database management
- Reporting (custom and pre-defined reporting templates)
- Subscription management
- Exam booking management
- Event booking management
This has enabled the Association to stop using their Access database, and only use the website, which:
- Saves time on managing data in two different places
- Removes issues with data being out of sync
- Reduces admin overhead by allowing members to do more
- Allowed us to create custom reports for common admin functions
As always, the most important part of any website design was the planning.
We started with a full website review to see how we could make it more useful to existing members. We also thought about how it better sell the Association to people with an interest in joining.
Our main discovery was the existing website had sprawled out over time, like many websites do. As such the website had become hard to navigate. We worked with the Association to restructure the website into a logical format, so it was easy to find information
As well as an improved website structure, we made sure to provide a good user experience (UX) across the board. We introduced a lot of new and improved features including:
- “Mega-menus” to make finding content even easier
- Strong calls to action throughout
- A search bar with auto-suggest to avoid users seeing “no results found”
- Redesigning all forms to make them clear and intuitive
- On-page payments rather than a cart system, as our research showed most people only paid for one thing at a time
‘We are delighted at the new website which Bigfork have built for us. From appointment of Bigfork until delivery, we found the whole process went smoothly with each stage being explained clearly by Bigfork and the project delivered within the time frame and budget.’
Get the latest digital insights straight to your inbox
By submitting this form you consent to Bigfork Limited sending you marketing emails. You can opt out at any time, see our privacy statement for full details.
Like what you see?
Then take a look at these...