Vincent Burch is a national mortgage broker who specialise in a range of products with expertise in buy to let mortgages.
Bigfork were appointed as the web agency to design and develop a new website for the company.
Vincent Burch spent a lot on PPC ads, but conversion rates were low due to a dated design and poor optimisation. They knew conversions could be improved as they’d been testing PPC landing pages with Instapage, which performed much better than their website.
Organic rankings also needed to improve; however, the website had many issues that were holding it back. It was very slow, hard to update, and the WordPress CMS was clumsy and drowning in plugins.
Three core objectives were set for the new website:
- Position the business as professional, trustworthy and knowledgeable
- Promote their core USPs such as “No broker fees”, “Exclusive lender rates”, and “150+ years’ experience”.
- Optimise the website for organic search and increase conversions.
Part of repositioning Vincent Burch involved a rebrand and a new style, which was carried out by branding experts, Naked Marketing.
We also worked with Rob Davies at Oneonone Communications, who has a great deal of expertise in the financial sector, to write copy for the new website.
- Positioning messages are strong and straightforward. By using images of the Vincent Burch team instead of stock photography, we were able to add credibility and professionalism.
- The main USP for Vincent Burch (No Broker Fees) is highlighted in the page designs with appealing visuals and clear calls to action.
- Mortgage rates are showcased, these are key to lead generation as this is information many customers are looking for. We introduced these throughout the websites services pages, highlighting best rates, any fees, and extra information.
- Conversion rate optimisation was considered in the content and the design at every step to increase enquiries. This included strong and simple call to actions with copy that was written to be clearly laid out and easy to read.
To increase organic search traffic, we carried out extensive keyword research which was used to optimise pages and content throughout the website. We also made sure that the website was migrated properly, preserving any existing backlinks by either retaining existing URLs, or applying 301 redirects to the new URL.
The new website was built using WordPress with a focus on speed and security. We kept plugins to a minimum to prevent the bloat that had slowed the old website to a crawl, while allowing Vincent Burch full control over their pages and content. This allows the client to easily maintain the website and create targeted landing pages for PPC campaigns.
We set up forms on the website to integrate with Vincent Burch’s CRM. Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics were added to track website activity. As well as tracking the usual form completions and email link clicks, we set up call tracking using Infinity. This enabled the client to directly attribute phone calls to their source, to further measure conversions, which was especially useful for measuring PPC spend.
‘We wanted to say how delighted we are with the new website, and the work you all put in. The feedback from our team, clients, lenders and enquiries has all been fantastic.’
Like what you see?
Then take a look at these...